We are looking for editors and TLCs (translation checkers) that are willing to help us out. Due to RL, the current staff of editors can’t edit as much as needed. Also more TLCs would be welcomed. Feel free to email me or ask questions. My email is email@example.com
1. What are the requirements? Such as experience?
There will be a test to check a person’s skill. No prior experience is required. There is a requirement for TLCs to be fluent in Japanese and English.
2. What do TLC and Editors exactly do?
The TLC checks a TL’s translation and ensures that the author’s idea is fully translated. Editors fix grammar issues, punctuation, wording issues, and fixing flow issues such as something being worded awkwardly.
3. How do you contact them? Would love to know how you mostly contact them.
I usually talk to editors and TLCs through Skype. Email also works.
4. Are beginners welcome? If so, do you either help them out if they are having problems through Skype(or any other methods of contact)?
Beginners are welcome as long as they can accept criticism and are willing to improve though they need to have at least some skill in editing. Usually I’ll give feedback on which areas need more working on.
5. One last, unrelated question. Are translators still accepted?
Yes. We’re also accepting translators, but there isn’t a pressing need as there is for editors and TLCs right now.